Super healthy and great for the kiddies!
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbs almond flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 wheel feta, crumbed
- 1 tbs butter (optional)
Basil Dressing (optional but delicious)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbs Pesto Princess Basil Pesto
- A squeeze of some lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and chop your sweet potatoes into chunks. Add to boiling water and put the lid on the pot.
- While the potatoes are boiling, drain your 2 cans of tuna and add it to a bowl.
- Grate the zest of the lemon and add it to the bowl with the tuna along with the eggs, the crumbed feta, almond flour, and squeeze all the juice from the lemon, mix together.
- Once the sweet potato is done, drain the water and add 1 tbs butter (if using). Mash it to create a smooth texture.
- Add the mash to the tuna mixture and mix together well, season with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands divide the mixture into 9-12 shaped tuna cakes. Each cake is between 2-3 tbs.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Delicious with a nice fresh salad and dollop of the basil dressing.
*For the dressing just add all the ingredients together
*Makes around 9-12 Cakes
Hi! I'm Kelly
I'm passionate about sharing my journey towards my healthy process.
Follow along with my journey here on the blog and on social media.