Don’t you hate it when you feel like something sweet, you open your pantry cupboard but your options underwhelm you? I know I do! But then I get so excited when I remember I have some of my homemade protein fudge in the fridge for this exact moment!
Made with pantry staples and healthy ingredients, this protein fudge is a winner.
‘The perfect accomplice to a cup of tea and my afternoon sweet tooth’ – Meghan Westgate
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 3 tbs peanut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use the Kauai plant protein)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbs almond flour
- 2 tbs sprinkles
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional but nice)
- 30g dark chocolate
- Line a square-shaped dish with baking paper.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil to a bowl and mix together well.
- Add the oat flour, protein powder, and almond flour to the wet mixture and combine.
- Add 1 tbs of sprinkles and the dark chocolate chunks, gently mix together.
- Put the fudge into the square dish. Mold into a square shape (or any type of shape you want to cut the fudge into once set) and put into the freezer.
- While the fudge is setting, melt the chocolate in a water bath over low to medium heat (melting the chocolate too quickly can make it hard and stodgy).
- Take the fudge out of the freezer, cover them with the chocolate and top with the leftover sprinkles.
- Put back into the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Once set, remove from the freezer and cut into bars (or squares). Should make 6 bars in total.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Hi! I'm Kelly
I'm passionate about sharing my journey towards my healthy process.
Follow along with my journey here on the blog and on social media.