One thing should come to mind when you see overripe bananas… Homemade banana bread!
I love banana bread, so much. But I find store bought banana bread can be packed with extra and unessecary sugars. So, I tweaked a traditional banana bread recipe, added only natural sweetness, protein and vanilla flavors.
This really is a foolproof and easy recipe to follow that includes pantry staples and very simple instructions.
“Delicious, healthy, moist and super easy to make” – Tarryn Theo
Healthy Protein Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk (I use Almond Breeze)
- 5 Medjool dates pitted
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use Kauai plant protein)
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a bread tin with baking paper.
- Put the bananas, dates, eggs, almond milk, chia seeds, coconut oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup in a blender and blend until it is a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well until all it looks like a nice batter.
- Pout the batter into the lined bread tin.
- Put the bread tin into the oven and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes (you will know its ready when you place a knife into the bread and the knife comes out clean, If it doesn’t put it back into the oven for another 5-10 minutes).
- Let it cool before cutting.
*Delicious with a serving of yogurt and drizzle of nut butter.
*Store in an airtight container for 5-6 days or freeze for 3 months.
*If you prefer a more moist texture, take the banana bread out of the oven at 30-35 minutes.
Hi! I'm Kelly
I'm passionate about sharing my journey towards my healthy process.
Follow along with my journey here on the blog and on social media.